Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day and Other Thoughts


Well, it took a week and a half, but my fussing paid off.  I'm now back in the section I want to be in, and I have a TV that works.  This seems petty as I write this, but it really makes a difference.  Going to dialysis is hard enough without dreading other parts of it.  If you're going to dialysis and you're not happy with your tech/nurse or your environment, say something.  Your insurance company or the government or you (or a combination of these) are paying lots of money to the company that is caring for you.  You shouldn't have to dread it any more than what is normal.

I thought I'd share a comic today . . .

http://www.marriedtothesea.com/052712/no-salt.gif

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.  I was visiting family, but a hurricane decided to show up, so I'm back home.  It was my grandma's 90th birthday party!  At least I got to see her and be at the party, although the visit was short.  It was weird being at a family event without my dad.  Memorial Day was always difficult for him.  He and his brother served in the Navy in WWII.  His brother did not make it home.  I never forget him and the many others who have died in defense of our country.  I am glad for those who made it home who I love so very much, both my dad and my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment