Thursday, January 28, 2016

Penny for Your Kidney?

I just lost what I'd been writing to a Windows update restart.  Well, it was kind of boring anyway. I was writing about transplant statistics and such. Basically, about a fourth of people on dialysis are eligible for transplant. I am in the 3/4 who aren't. Also, there is a 65% mortality rate for people on dialysis for five years. This September will be my five year anniversary, and I hope to beat the statistics.

I stopped writing a while back after someone named Igor, I think, offered to sell me his kidney. Thanks, but I'm not in the market.

  1. Who knows if we'd be a match, Igor.
  2. I'd have to go to some country in which they'll do transplant surgery on people who buy kidneys off random guys on the internet.
  3. I don't have the money to buy your kidney.
  4. I don't have the money to pay for the surgery. Medicare doesn't cover medical costs outside of the US.
There are many more reasons I'm not listing having to do with moral objections to buying organs, etc. It was just sort of off-putting to receive the offer. I'm not writing this blog to solicit organs.

I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment