Saturday, June 1, 2013

Anemia!

Well, if I didn't have enough going on, I have to have a blood transfusion on Monday.  Yay, me!  I was told Friday that my hemoglobin dropped to 7.6, from 8.3 the week before.  Both are super low; however, below 8 usually means transfusion.  What I don't understand is how I got to this point.  I don't think it's from missing two treatments.  I plan on asking the doctor when I see her Wednesday.  I'm supposed to be getting the meds during dialysis to keep my hemoglobin in the 10-12 range.  Plus, they are making me do a "stool card" to make sure I'm not passing blood.  Ewww.  I should make them do a stool card for not giving me my meds.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Igor, I'm from Western Europe.
    I am ready to donate a kidney or part of my liver for good compensation.
    I am a 30 year old man, blood group is O+, I don't drink or smoke.
    I can travel anywhere worldwide to take tests and perform surgery. I will listen offer and conditions of recipient.
    It is not a fake or joke.
    igorrotaev@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete