Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Mom

Stage Four Metastatic Pancreatic Adenosquamous Carcinoma.  Quite a mouthful, and quite a lot to digest.  My mom started feeling bad around the end of January.  At the end of March, we were told she had pancreatic cancer which had spread to her liver.  The first of April, we were at Mayo Clinic, hearing those dreaded words.  There is no cure.  There is some palliative treatment, which we are now pursuing.  If you pray, please pray for her.  If you don't pray, please send good vibes our way.

She has always been so strong; it's difficult to see her so weak.  I'm fortunate that I am able to spend every day with her now and help her during this time.  If there's one good thing about being on dialysis, this is it.  My aunt is also here helping, and I couldn't do it without her.

My selfless mom told me that she's not asking ,"Why me?".  She's asking, "Why now?".  She says she's supposed to be taking care of me and her 90-year-old mother now, not the other way around.  She has taken such good care of me over the years; now it's my turn.

On another note, today would've been my dad's 89th birthday.  He died April 20th last year.  We're still grieving Daddy, and now this.  Our family is having a rough time to say the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment