Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Under the Boardwalk

To say the least, it's been a difficult time since my dad died.  Everything went very well regarding services, family, etc.  My family and I appreciate all of the outpouring of sympathy and love.

Dialysis is a reminder that life must go on.  I missed one treatment, on the day of visitation, but I did okay.  I'm back in the grind.  It's been more difficult to sit there, though.  I feel more restless and anxious than usual.  My anxiety level has been pretty high in general.  However, Friday, I had a short break from my troubles.  One of my fellow patients, who is usually very quiet, was apparently on some very good pain medicine for another problem she's having.  I was in my solemn world, when all of a sudden she burst out into song -- "Under the boardwalk, down by the sea . . . ".  It made me laugh and forget about life for a while.  You can't help but join in when you hear that song.  Maybe if we sang our way through dialysis every time it would go by a lot faster and be something we actually looked forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment