Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Always Speak Too Soon!

Last post, I said that my new clinic was a little boring, and I'd get a lot of reading done.  Well, yesterday was crazy!  The guy to the right of me was having a lot of trouble.  At first, I thought he was visiting from the "behavioral" hospital.  He was twitching, gyrating, speaking garbled, throwing out the occasional MF, etc.  He was also moving his arm so much that his needles were about to come out.  I was really afraid that I was going to be covered in his blood and/or cussed out and/or have my own needles pulled out.  Even after they taped his arm down, he managed to get it free.  Before I knew it, I looked over, and a spout of blood was shooting up out of his arm.  Instead of putting pressure on it to stop it, he just watched it.  A nurse saw it at the same time I did and came running over to stop it.  Fortunately, it didn't reach me.  But, it was a mess!  He wouldn't cooperate with them, so they called for an ambulance.  And apparently, he's not from the behavioral hospital.  He was high on something when he got there, and the crash is hard and fast when they start treatment.  I heard them say they were going to drug test him next time he came for dialysis.

I also had a funny Canadian guy on the other side of me.  He kept me entertained for the last part of treatment, eh.  :)  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment