Thursday, November 17, 2011

Some Good News

So, I have some good news.  The blood test that could have shown ovarian cancer was negative, so the mass on my ovary is most likely not malignant.  It's still coming out, and that's really the only way to tell absolutely.  My surgery is scheduled for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  It will be done laparoscopically.  The mass will definitely be removed.  Whether the ovary will be removed will be determined during surgery.

Back to dialysis . . . today was lab results day.  My phosphorus was finally in normal range!  Yay!  My albumin (protein) was a little low, and my hemoglobin was low.  Other than that, my labs were great!  I'm also getting 15 minutes taken off of my total dialysis time.  That might not seem like a lot, but it is when you have 16 minutes to go.  :)

I need to come up with some stuff I can eat for Thanksgiving.  If you have any low sodium, low potassium, low phosphorus ideas, let me know.  :)  Ha!  I know!  Fortunately, I'm not crazy about a lot of Thanksgiving foods.  My boyfriend is going to roast a fresh pig, and we are going to get a fresh, low-sodium turkey.  I mainly need side dish ideas.  I can't believe it's only a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment