Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shopping List

Today was a not-so-good day.  I woke up not feeling well.  I just felt kind of queasy, tired, achy, and had a headache.  This is not unusual, but not every day either.  My boyfriend and I had an appointment set to have the car oil changed and the tires rotated.  After, we went to a restaurant for lunch.  I didn't make it through lunch without having to excuse myself to -- there's no nice way to say it -- vomit.  From what I understand, this is not atypical of late-stage kidney patients.  Many people can't remember the last time they vomited.  I can't remember the last week in which I didn't.  I guess I would have to do it every day in order to get the weight loss effects of bulimia.  Not that I'm encouraging bulimia, but I should at least get something out of it.  :)

Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to take a tour of the dialysis center.  I'm sort of looking forward to it.  I'm hoping it will take away some of the first-day anxiety.   I have ideas in my head of what it will be like.  This will give me something concrete to think about.  I just hope that my mom and I can keep our emotions in check.  We're both cry-babies, and we tend to feed off each other.  I probably need to add Kleenex to my dialysis duffle bag.  And maybe some mouthwash.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment