Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Spoke Too Soon . . .

After over two vomit-free weeks, I threw up while on dialysis today.  First, my fistula hand fell asleep -- completely numb.  Then my blood pressure dropped suddenly, and that caused me to vomit.  Lovely.  My nerve was pinched in my arm from the way I was holding my arm.  The nurse propped it up a little, and it came right back.  I don't know if you've ever had to vomit while sitting in a recliner with your feet propped up with needles stuck in your arm that you can't move, but it's a little difficult.  The nurse pumped a little saline into me, and they chose not to draw fluid off of me today.  I recovered pretty quickly.  I actually gained some weight.

A different nurse stuck me today, and she did a great job!  The first needle hurt as usual, but I didn't even feel the second one.  I really didn't think she did it.  I love her.  :)

I have the next two days off!  Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm glad to have a break from the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment